Dog Chocolate Toxicity
Happy Halloween! Just a quick post here about keeping an eye on your dog during Halloween. Most Halloween treats are not acceptable for dogs especially anything sugar free made with Xylitol and remember no chocolate.
There is an excellent interactive Chocolate Toxicity Chart showing based on the weight of your dog how much chocolate it can ingest before being a problem.
Check it out at National Geographic – Chocolate Toxicity Chart
Keep your dogs safe and Happy Halloween!!
- Chocolate consumption by pets extremely hazardous (yubanet.com)
- Chocolate Halloween Candy No Treat for Pets, Says K-State Veterinarian (prnewswire.com)
- Knowing How Much Chocolate Will Make a Dog Sick (brighthub.com)
- Halloween Chocolate a Serious Threat to Pets (nlm.nih.gov)
- Halloween Treats A Danger To Dogs (confused.com)